Frequently Asked Questions
Cow’s milk has two forms of protein: Casein (80% of the milk) and Whey Protein (20% of the milk). Whey Protein is generally of higher quality than Casein, and is far more soluble in liquids, hence its use as a dietary supplement.
• Contains essential and non-essential amino acids that are vital for healthy bodies; Amino acids, in particular Branched-chain amino acids (BCAA), have been proven to reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancers
• -Rapidly repairs cells and muscles in the body, allowing for faster recovery from stress (exercise)
• Major source of energy for the body
• Aids the metabolic system
The Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) according to the Food and Drug Administration of Thailand is 50g of Protein based on the standard 2000 calorific intake per day.
We recommend consulting your physician or a nutritionist for a more precise and personal recommendation regarding your protein requirements.
Please check out our Products page for nutritional information of each of our products.
Whey Protein can be a meal replacement due to its pure quality protein content as well as lack of fat, but we recommend having a balanced diet with other nutrients, with Whey as a supplement.
• number and type of essential and non-essential amino acids provided
• fat content
• ability to be digested by the body
Although these are common forms of food with Protein, they also may have negative components such as cholesterol, high calorie content and fat. Whey Protein, when compared on a gram-to-gram basis with these other foods, has a higher Protein content, no fat and cholesterol, and fewer calories. It also contains more essential and non-essential amino acids.
Whey Protein is also an ingredient in baby formulas because it is so rapidly and easily digested.
As it is a dairy product, those who are lactose intolerant should consult their physician before consuming Whey Protein products.
Pregnant women are advised to consult their physicians before having Whey Protein to ensure that it is appropriate or recommended for them
Alternatively, please use the Contact Us page to get more information on where to purchase ProFlex products!